Job Title – Sr. Sales Engineer / AM Sales
Company Profile: An automobile parts manufacturing MNC.
Business: Automotive catalysts (for gasoline and diesel engines), PGM solution, Materials for catalysts, Catalysts for fuel cell engines, Motorcycle catalysts (metal honeycomb, pipe, multi tube), Various metal catalyst support, Catalysts for general purpose engines (lawnmowers, chain saws), Leisure vehicles and marine engines, Catalyst for gas engine cogeneration, Oxidation deodorizing catalyst for factory emissions, Environmental catalysts (Ozone resolution, Deodorizing)
Role Summary: Responsible for developing and maintaining automotive (catalyst) business primary with motorcycle OEM’s and exhaust suppliers.
- Calls on management responsibilities such as Engineering, Quality, Production and Purchasing.
- Coordinates and supports developing new business initiatives as well as managing ongoing programs.
- Reviews blueprints, drawings, specifications and other customer documents to develop catalyst technology, estimates costs and/or project increases in production.
- Conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey’s once in year. Share the result of the survey with the management. Should maintain and take actions to improve customer satisfaction by mobilizing related departments to improve the customer satisfaction.
- Draft business plans and acquire new customers.
- Supervise sales billing works. Generation of quality and delivery performance report and sharing with management– Weekly and Monthly.
- Sample trials coordination on BS4 and BS6 Catalyst Specification finalization and testing and approval from OEM’s.
- Identifying VAVE Ideas and discussion with customers, performing R & D trials, testing & evaluation and getting customer approval and completing the activity on timely manner.
- Coordinating for sample trials and testing and approval from Customers.
- Acquisition of new customer by analyzing and identifying potential customers.
- Provides technical assistance/expertise to the OEM relating to catalyst performance, quality, and manufacturability.
- Directly interacts with Tier I suppliers as well as all exhaust team suppliers, directed by OEM.
- Internal interface with line supervision to coordinate business activities, including sales, R&D, quality and production.
- Represents and attends customer meeting, supplier meeting, initiated by OEM, Tier I.
- Interface with Parent Company in assisting global business activities.
- Responsible for all items/issues relating to pre-production, pricing and qualities.
- Presents technical material in technical review with customers.
- Market analysis and summarize data/information to present to management.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- Commerce/Business/Engineering degree in Mechanical or Chemical with 6-10 years of experience as a sales engineer in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of export/import activities.
- Knowledge of BS6 regulations/guidelines, formalities and procedures.
- Knowledge about detailed price structure i.e., Knowledge about substrate fee and processing fee breakups.
- Language Skills in English – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of PowerPoint software, Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Physical Demands – The position requires extensive travelling and the employee should be willing to travel frequently to fulfill his job obligations.