The Software Development Engineer in Test will support the IT vision of building performance test suite and continuous delivery pipeline for all the key projects for Ecommerce division of the company. Responsible for designing and implementing a portable, scalable performance test automation framework. Will work with Business team, Software Engineers, Project Management, Technical Support, QA and other partner teams to create the highest quality products.
- 5 years of building and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Experience with performance test tools such as Gatling, Loadrunner, JMeter, SOASTA
- Coding skills with Scala, Java, C#, Phython, Ruby or related languages
- Experienced in conventional and non-conventional automation framework development
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern software development methodologies – Agile/Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Strong experience automation practices.
- Excellent problem solving skills and technical strength in both coding and testing skills
- Excellent conceptual grasp of software, operating systems, architectures etc.
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT, SVN
- Understanding of latest innovations, trends and emerging technologies in QA testing and test methodology
- Understand development and operation process and able to work with Continuous Integration tools like NUnit, JUnit, TestNG, Jenkins/Teamcity
- Experience with Open source, such as Selenium, Cucumber/Gherkin, Watir, SpecFlow, SoapUI
- Strong DevOps experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Skills: eCom Perf / Load test exp (Mandatory)
Galting & Scale (Advanced)
Network / Firewall (Basic)
Appdynamics and splunk
Role & Responsibilities:
- Development and Maintain a performance test framework.
- Create and maintain libraries and object repositories for the Performance Framework
- Work closely with test engineers for building new scenarios.
- Ready to adapt any new tool/language and implement based on the requirements/needs
- Understand the program landscape and provide the automation solutions across systems and projects
- Create tools/utilities on demand to enable continuous testing for CI/CD
- Assemble and understand QA metric; Identify problem areas in the product requiring developer attention.
- Do code reviews and provide feedback on the automation scripts to derive more optimized solutions.
- Participate in meetings, code reviews, design, triage, estimating, and other testing and script development process
- Write effective and thorough bug reports and verify bug fixes.
- Identify vulnerabilities in automated testing and define and manage plans to mitigate risk.
- Provide timely and accurate status for the assigned project.